Welcome Letter from The Principal
Step inside the doors of Shorewood Intermediate School to experience a diverse learning community; where students develop a positive sense of self; strive to achieve their fullest potential and become responsible individuals through a variety of opportunities in a safe, supportive, collaborative culture.
Shorewood Intermediate instructs approximately 300 students in grades 7 and 8. Our academic philosophy ensures that each student has the opportunity to succeed. Shorewood Intermediate has strong academics in Language Arts, Social Studies, Mathematics, and Science. Our Physical education classes meet every day in a rotation opposite Art. Students will have nine weeks of Physical Education and then switch over to Art. Every student is expected to take either Spanish or French. Performance music is also a requirement. Students can choose between Band, Orchestra or Choir. For the beginner we also have introductory band class called Cadet Band.
Shorewood Intermediate test scores on the WKCE continue to be above the state average.
The Shorewood Intermediate School continues to focus on being community contributors by seeking opportunities to reach out and give back to local, national and worldwide organizations. Shorewood Intermediate students have raised money each year to assist areas in need in both the community and nationally. Students carry out service learning projects in World Geography raising money for remote villages in Africa and areas where disaster occurred, like Haiti.
As traditions grow and develop at Shorewood Intermediate, we are demonstrating and showing accomplishment and excellence. Staff collaboration is strong. During this time we focus on caring more about each child, learning and improving through collegial professional learning communities and staff development so our students are learning, growing and being responsive to our school community.
Our staff goals for the school year focus on implementing a strong Response to Intervention model offering support in the subject areas of Science, Math and Language Arts. Our study recovery model allows instructors the opportunity to assign students to receive additional assistance for blocks of time in these core content areas. The staff is also committed to developing a strong Character Education program that is ingrained in everything that we do in promoting a school free of bullying.
Anthony Strancke, Principal
- The Shorewood Intermediate staff will focus on developing a strong Response to Intervention system to assist struggling learners.
- The Shorewood Intermediate staff will focus on developing a strong Character Education vision and mission, leading to incorporating Character Education into everything that we do.
Shorewood Intermediate School Faculty and Staff:
1. Communicate and collaborate with colleagues through scheduled common planning times to improve instruction and transition.
2. Research and utilize the best instructional practices to meet students’ individual needs and provide academic support through systemic intervention.
3. Respect and value all members of our diverse school community.
4. Regularly communicate student progress to parents and guardians.